As part of our continuing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our campus community, West Virginia University is requiring* all students, faculty and staff who will be on campus this fall to undergo COVID-19 testing.**
Drive-thru and walk-up testing will be available at the WVU Coliseum on the following dates:
- Monday, July 20 – Saturday, July 25, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, July 27 – Saturday, Aug. 1, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 3 – Saturday, Aug. 8, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The testing provider for Morgantown faculty and staff is QLabs.
REGISTER FOR TESTING
- As part of the registration process, you will be required to consent to a COVID-19 testing program terms of services, HIPAA waiver and complete an online pre-test questionnaire.
Use the following link to complete the above items and register for your preferred testing date/time:
Click the Login button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, log in with your WVU credentials and follow the on-screen prompts to register. View detailed instructions.
Note: In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), all testing sites will be accessible. If you need accessible transportation and already have van service through WVU Transportation and Parking, please call 304-293-5627. If you have a disability but have not yet registered for transportation services, please call the Office of Accessibility Services at 304-293-6700 a few days before your scheduled testing date to make any necessary accommodations.
- After you have registered, you should receive email confirmation of your testing date/time. You also may want to take a screenshot of the confirmation webpage for your records.
- Be sure to add your testing date/time to your calendar.
- If you have special circumstances (e.g., travel) that prevent you from completing testing during the times available to you, contact WVU Shared Services at email@example.com or 304-293-6006. If you need to reschedule for a different appointment time during the testing dates/times listed above, you can do so using the original registration link (step 2). If you are not feeling well on your scheduled day of testing, you should reschedule your appointment.
Be sure to wear a mask to your appointment and arrive on time at your designated testing location. Upon your arrival, you will check-in and verify your information. You will be asked to provide your Mountaineer Card and/or employee number, so be sure to have them readily available.
You should receive your test results within three to five days. You will be asked to maintain social separation as much as possible and avoid large gatherings to the fullest extent possible until the results of your test are available. Faculty and staff may leave their offices/workspaces but should wear a mask/face covering as mandated and stay physically distant as much as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you back to campus this fall in as safe a manner as possible. In the meantime, visit the Return to Campus website for the latest COVID-19 information and updates. Contact WVU Shared Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-293-6006 with any questions.
* For students, failure to take the COVID-19 test will result in a $250 fee being added to a student's account. For employees, if you fail to take the COVID-19 test by Aug.15, you will be subject to employee disciplinary actions until you take the test including, but not limited to, being placed on administrative leave without pay and/or being placed on administrative leave while using your annual leave.
** Testing information regarding patients is regulated by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines and will be kept confidential.