WVU Medicine Spirit Week will be held July 27-31, and will feature fun themed days, great concessions, a prize giveaway, and more!
The celebration is being planned for employees of WVU Medicine J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital and WVU Medicine Children's.
Spirit Week will take the place of the originally planned annual Employee Appreciation Picnic. The picnic has been cancelled due to safety concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Employees/departments are encouraged to dress up and participate in the themes on each of the following days:
- Superhero Monday
- Tie-dye Tuesday
- Christmas in July Wednesday
- Throwback Thursday (represent your favorite decade)
- Blue and Gold Friday
While employees are encouraged to dress up, the WVU Medicine Dress and Appearance Policy should be followed.
Make sure to show us your spirit and post a photo on the Bravo! Recognition website.
But that’s not all! There will be a surprise giveaway at both employee entrances to look forward to when coming to work every day (HVI alternative entrance and shuttle entrance).
Be on the lookout during the day on Friday, July 31, as representatives from Bravo! take the “Woot Woot Wagon” to departments throughout J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital and WVU Medicine Children's, giving out sweet surprises to everyone along the way.
Other Fun Activities
- Bravo!, in partnership with the Friends Board and Friends Gift Shop, will provide another “Card My Yard” experience. A new message can be found each day around the outside of the hospital for employees to enjoy.
- A “Post your Love” wall will be displayed for employees to come and say a few nice things about co-workers, the organization, or just to give words of encouragement. This will be available all week. Location will be announced soon.
- Weather pending, there are plans to hold another “chalk the walk” event to show our love and support for our employees.
- Friends Gift Shop is offering 40 percent off one item throughout that week (one time, per person; employees must show ID badge).
- Starbucks will be offering a different grande-sized surprise frappuccino -- personal creations designed by WVU Medicine Starbucks employees -- every day for $3 per drink.
- The Neuro Cafe in the WVU Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute building will offer a "Brain Booster" smoothie for $4.25 ($1 off regular price) during the week. Ingredients include green apples, blueberries, honey, coconut milk, and spinach.
- Ruby Cafeteria has surprises of their own; be sure to check them out.
- The raffle is available to all employees. View the prize catalog.
- Each employee will have five chances to win this year, instead of the usual three.
- The link to register for prizes will be active Monday, July 27, starting at 9 a.m. through Sunday, August 2, at midnight: https://form.jotform.com/201763633000139
- A prize can be selected numerous times to increase your chances of winning; however, an employee can only fill out the form one time.
- No early or late entries will be accepted.
- Prize winnes will be announced on Monday, Aug. 3.
- View the prize giveaway instructions for complete details.
Note: All employees must wear masks and practice social distancing in accordance to guidelines and safety regulations. Off-campus clinics and facilities will receive a drop-off with the same goodies on Tuesday and Wedneday, Aug. 4-5.
A special thank you to those who donated to the prize giveaway (listed in no particular order):
- The Picnic Committee
- Bravo! Reward and Recognition Program
- WVU Medicine Information Technology
- WVU Medicine Children’s
- WVU Medicine Administration
- WVU Medicine Human Resources
- WVU Medicine Inpatient Pharmacy
- WVU Medicine Revenue Cycle Operations (Scott Avenue)
- WVU Medicine Urgent Care/Student Health
- WVU Medicine Allied Health Solutions/Specialty Pharmacy
- WVU Medicine Transplant Administration
- WVU Medicine Ambulatory
- WVU Medicine PACU
- WVU Medicine Nursing Administration
- WVU Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute
- Friends Gift Shop
- Umina, Davis, Minutelli, & Gutta
- WVU Heart and Vascular Institute
- Point Recognition
- Apache Concrete Services
- Mountain People’s Co-op
- The WOW Factory
- Get Fit
- Orange Theory
- Sheila’s Home Décor and Gifts
- The Vow
- WVU Athletics
- The Health Plan
- United Concordia (and the Benefits Team)
- Mary Kay
- Human Computer Sciences LLC
- Philly Pretzel Factory
- Terra Café
- Liv’s Custom Designs
- Jenn Luczko Photography